RULES OF THE COMPETITION FOR THE BEST EUROPEAN DEBUT
20th FORUM OF EUROPEAN CINEMA ORLEN CINERGIA LODZ 27 NOV - 4 DEC 2014
1. Competition for the Best European Debut is dedicated to first time, feature-length films made by European directors for theatre releases.
2. A European director is a person born in one of the European countries (not only EU) or who holds a European country (not only UE) citizenship.
3. Films selected for the competition should have European producers, but can also be a result of an international coproduction, with a predominant European contribution.
4. In order to support and promote young European film directors' ambitious, valuable, original and interesting artistic exploration we have established the Best European Debut Award. Moreover, the audience independently grants the Audience Award.
5. The Cristal Boat Award for the Best European Debut is granted once a year during the Forum of European Cinema.
6. Winners receive diplomas, statuettes and prize money.
7. Awards are granted only to films the production of which was finished 24 months prior to the session of the Jury.
8. To enter the competition Candidates may send the applications by themselves. It can also be done by their producers or by film institutions, but not later than 15 October 2015. The selection committee chooses the best entries according to their preferences. The number of entries is limited to nine debuts. The Committee is obliged to inform all of the candidates about the result of the selection.
9. The Cristal Boat Award is granted by the Jury which consists of film directors, cinematographers, producers, actors, screenwriters, distributors, film critics, festivals directors and programmers from Poland and other European countries.
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATING
IN COMPETITIONS FOR THE BEST EUROPEAN DEBUT
DVD screeners with English subtitles and such details as: the original and English film title, director, producer, screenwriter, cinematographer, editor and main actors' names must be sent not later than 15 October 2015. Also we need the film's running time and print format info. Please send your application with the DVD screener on the following address:
20th Forum of European Cinema ORLEN Cinergia
Competition for the Best European Debut
Prints with English subtitles should reach the Festival Office (the same address as above) by 15 November 2015 at the latest. We accept: DCP, Blu Ray, HDcam, Digital Betacam
More information about the Competition for the Best European Debut:
tel. +48 42 636 00 92
fax.+48 42 636 03 14